Adams County, Illinois
Forest Cover Types:
Forests in which upland oaks or hickory, singly or in combination, comprise a plurality of the stocking except where pines comprise 25-50 percent, in which case the stand is classified as oak-pine. Common associates include yellow-poplar, elm, maple, and black walnut.
Forests in which elm, ash, or cottonwood, singly or in combination, comprise a plurality of the stocking. Common associates include willow, sycamore, beech, and maple.
- State Forestry Department
- Local Cooperative Extension Office
- State Land Grant Universities
- Southern Illinois University, Department of Forestry
- University of Illinois, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Local USDA Service Center
- National Agroforestry Center
- Find a Consulting Forester
- Local Conservation Districts and Commissions
- Seed / Seedling Suppliers
- Local Resource Conservation and Development Councils
Find Your Property
Use the Zoom and Pan controls on the lefthand side of the map below to locate your property (It may be helpful to use the Satellite or Hybrid View). Once located, place the cursor anywhere within the boundary of your property and click once. A red balloon marker will appear. Then click the Submit Property Location button below. This will allow you to print an aerial photograph (8.5 x 11) and obtain the soil map of your property.